Friday, December 17, 2010

you say it was your birthday


there's only one way to celebrate a December birthday....

Introducing the first annual
Lumberjack & Lumberjane Extravaganza.



the man of the night


Turns out flannel, axes and some facial hair really does bring out the best in everyone.

We celebrated Bruce's birthday in style by transforming our carport into a lumberjack lodge by putting up a tent, adding space heaters, throwing down some carpet and lighting a fire. Then we had a tasty lumberjack breakfast and competed for the coveted title of, "Lumberjack of the year 2010."
It was pretty sweet.

..and hilarious.




enjoying a hearty lumberjack breakfast:


can you identify this human?! it took me a while....



the nail pounding challenge:

Jen and Chris chugging to break the tie. Chris won, sorry Jen

Jenny and Lib balancing on the logs.
And "new record Jenny" doing just what her name entails...


The proud victors:
1st place- Jer
2nd- Cam
3rd-Kory






5 comments:

Candice said...

that first pic of the Lumberjanes is just perfect. I want to start compiling a collection of all our "Theme/Dress up" pics. I want to frame this along side the dirty dash one. Thanks for a great time. Can't wait until next year!

eric + ashlee said...

Man You and Bruce know how to throw a party. Thanks for making me homesick all over again!

Missy said...

You guys throw the best parties EVER! Those pictures are awesome.

A STAR is born said...

I'm really sad I missed this one. I would have grown such a beard!
Happy burly birthday, Brucey.

Jonathan & Heather said...

This just might be the best birthday party I have ever seen. What a hilarious idea. How are you guys so creative/funny? Looks like you had a great time. Happy birthday Bruce.