Friday, July 11, 2008

The Bruce

Bruce Willis


Bruce Lee


Bruce Springsteen


Bruce R. McConkie


Bruce, the Great White Shark


Robert the Bruce


My Bruce



Quite a name to live up to, eh?
It's my third time receiving the "husband tag" and I can ignore it no longer- give the people what they want. It comes at no surprise to me, both male and female alike develop crushes on this fine lad after talking with him for just a short time. I'm not jealous of his popularity- it actually only brings me up and makes me look cooler as "Bruce's Wife." He's very lovable.


1. What is his name? Bruce Thomas Dickson
2. Who eats more? I won't deny it- I've never been known to say no to good cooking, but when it really comes down to it, he probably does eat more.
3. Who said I love you first? The Bruce
4. Who is taller? He.
5. Who is smarter? Oh, we both have our strengths- I don't hold a candle to his politics and government knowledge and he only laughs at me when I complain about getting a B.
6. Who is more sensitive? Probably Snee but he's not too far off.
7.Who does the laundry? Splitski
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Facing the bed- it's Bruce
9. Who pays the bills? Splitski
10. Who cooks more? Um, slight margin towards me..maybe? I really enjoy cooking and love to when I have the time, but that there is the key. He can always whip up a tasty surprise and no one makes a better grilled cheese!
11. What meals do you cook together? Breakfast foods, this really tasty summer pasta/veggie dish that we invented and also the perfect grilled sandwich (not cheese) that we'd make all the time while dating.
12. Who is more stubborn? Oops, sorry Bruce- definitely me!
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? We're actually both good about it!
14. Who has more siblings? Uh, is that even a question? Bruce has 7 brothers, 5 sisters, I have 1 sister, 3 bros.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? One person per leg.
16. What do you like to do together? Traveling, boating/waterskiing, hiking & camping, delivering his Table & Chair jobs ;), reading (may sound weird but we both love reading and can just be content sitting by each other and loving a good book), etc.
17. Who eats more sweets? Guilty
18. Guilty pleasures? Dark chocolate milk chugs, yes we had them at our wedding for this reason.
19. How did you meet? Singles Ward crush takes the challenge to woo one of the few girls not hot on his trail. He wins.
20. Who asked who out first? The Bruce.
21. Who kissed who first? McCall set us up for it and Bruce kept talking to me INCHES away from my face, the tease! So I finally broke the ice.
22. Who proposed? Does a girl ever really propose?!
23. His best features? His dark curly hair, big blue eyes, smile and olive skin
24. What is his greatest quality? The reason he's loved by all is because he has such great people skills- he seriously has a way to become a friend to everyone and will one day govern our country... or at least Ogden! [It's not really his aspiration but he'd be great at the job!] He's always happy, easy-going, optimistic and can make me laugh even when I'm very sad or angry. I love him!!


Muah!

7 comments:

amelia said...

So this explains why GJ has a growing man crush on The Bruce...

Anonymous said...

I'll admit - I love Bruce for all those reasons too...one last thing to love Bruce for - Nobody hits the John Daly's like he does.

-P-Nut (Bruce has got a red face!)

Christie said...

I was just thinking about when Bruce 1st moved out when you guys got married and Josh would ask, "Is Brucie at his house drinking chocolate milk?"

Kristina said...

Wahoo!! for Bruce...

Travis said that he wen to school with your sister. Also you grew up by my grandma's house in Fruit Heights, Tamara Phelphs. Isn't it such a small world how people know each other...

lizdye said...

Freak. I wana make out, is that wrong?? Ha ha but seriousy Bruce is the man and Snee is the wo-man.

Brooke Woodall said...

Hey Melinda! Saw your comment, of course you can read our blog. You guys are so cute!

We actually just went private but send me your email and I'll add you. My email is brooklinn28@gmail.com.

Katie said...

Sounds like you picked a winner Melinda, good job!

So the temple here is being dedicated next week, we just barely had the open house, you are not as uninformed as you thought you were.

Enjoy your freedom before school starts again!!!