"Objectivism holds that reality exists independent from consciousness; that individual persons are in contact with this reality through sensory perception; that human beings can gain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation; that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness through acting in one's "rational self-interest"; that the only social system consistent with this morality is full respect for individual rights, embodied in pure, consensual laissez-faire capitalism; and that the role of art in human life is to transform man's widest metaphysical ideas, by selective reproduction of reality, into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and respond to."
Ayn Rand is mind behind this theory of objectivism and portrays it in The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I just finished reading Atlas Shrugged and LOVED IT!! I love her and her novels- they are amazing! I feared I wouldn't love Atlas Shrugged as much as I loved The Fountainhead but I did, and I couldn't even decide which I love more. After reading such a lengthy book like that it feels weird when it just ends. I miss Hank.
Here's a link to a quote from it on Candice's new up and running blog. Rand also is all about capitalism, and so is Candice. That and Conan.
Ayn Rand is mind behind this theory of objectivism and portrays it in The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged. I just finished reading Atlas Shrugged and LOVED IT!! I love her and her novels- they are amazing! I feared I wouldn't love Atlas Shrugged as much as I loved The Fountainhead but I did, and I couldn't even decide which I love more. After reading such a lengthy book like that it feels weird when it just ends. I miss Hank.
Here's a link to a quote from it on Candice's new up and running blog. Rand also is all about capitalism, and so is Candice. That and Conan.

8 comments:
Is this what you did instead of go skiing with me? Are we old? What happened to the adventure? Hopefully we will have one tonight!
Justin just started this book this morning. His life will change forever. I ADORE Ayn Rand, loved The Fountainhead + Atlas Shrugged. Long books are so great because the characters become a part of your life...after all, think of all those hours you spent with Hank? Same goes for Count of Monte Cristo and Gone With the Wind. In my make-believe world, all those characters live together. It's awesome.
So great to hear that you finished Atlas Shrugged. Ayn Rand is an incredible author.
We are are on same "Atlas Shrugged" wave length today. thanks for the shout-out. Exposure on your blog is very valuable.
Good thinking Megs- I'm sure Edmond Dantes would've been a 'striker!'
I'm so proud of people that read books. Snee snay, I look up to you in so many ways, and I miss you and your Bruce. You forgot to picture my Bruce on your blog silly...I also love my Bruce and might do a post about him. Congrats on the husband post because I think it's the first that I've laughed and enjoyed instead of throwing up a little in my mouth. Also, I have been reading this one book for at least 6 months and will do a post when I finally finish it so people realize if I can finish a book, so can they! Did you know that I also drink Milk Chugs like it's my job and will not settle for other imitations. These milk chug founders deserve an award!
Hey Natty- Are we blogging at the same time?!!
Would you believe me if I said I tried to think of a way to get a picture of your Bruce? I knew you would appreciate it but thought it might be a little stalkerish. Especially if Kathleen happened across it and wondered why I was doing a husband post about her husband.
We miss you guys too!! We need to come see little Mae Capri- all those fools who trashed the name feel dumb now- it's the cutest!
Yay for finishing! Way to go, that baby was a brute.
Post a Comment