Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lake Powell


Lake Powell has forever been my favorite place. I think I went there while I was still in my mother's womb and have returned nearly every summer since.
It's the perfect vacation spot- hot sun, nice sandy beaches, waterskiing, boating, hiking, cliff jumping, fishing and beautiful scenery!!
Plus- food always tastes especially good down there for some reason!


Here's some pics from our time there in July with my family.


Bruce's morning activities.

Slick making the long plunge.

and Bruce's nice catches of the day!

We tried to climb up these cool little steps up the cliff. Bruce made it and jumped off but I couldn't make it up more than four- it was super steep, I don't know how that mountain goat made it all the way up!

Our favorite hike: West Canyon. It's a slot canyon where you have to swim through little pools and wedge yourself up through the narrow walls. It's so pretty and the little pools are always freezing. There's lots of cute tiny frogs up this canyon that we caught.

The boys entertainment- chipping golf balls into the fishing net. I don't know if anyone ever hit it.

Ah, the best!!



Me and the Bruceski and Glen Canyon Dam

11 comments:

Katherine said...

Looks so fun. I haven't been to Lake Powell forever. It's so pretty.

I love your new background. Very Cute.

amelia said...

You two have had one hot summer!

DaveandAnnie said...

Fun! It's relaxing just to see the pics!

lizdye said...

JEALOUSY fills my veins. It looks like you guys had so much fun...lets go there this weekend okay?

Teresa said...

Wow, you two really know how to have some fun! I need to hang out with you more so I can have a little more fun in my life!

Sarah said...

Your pictures are great - I love Lake Powell! Our family does an annual trip as well and it is definitely my favorite vacation. Glad to see you had such a great time!

Elisabeth Taylor said...

Those pictures are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Man, I'm jealous! Can't wait til Slade is old enough to go on outings like that so we can get some more fun and less work into our lives again! :) I'm the worst visiting teacher ever- I'm soo calling you today!

Cara said...

I too am jealous. Our neighbors all went to Lake Powell a few weeks ago, but sadly, they won't allow a toddler (Marin) on their house boat! I won't allow my toddler either, but next year I think I'll drop her in St. George at my parents and go myself! I'm glad to see Bruce is a good "provider" (that's what Mitch calls guys who can fish and hunt, so he can justify all the time he spends doing it-- just providing for the family of course). Stef and I talked about having a baby shower for Ash sometime in September or October. Are you in? See you soon hopefully!

Katie said...

Oh Man, I´m so jealous, I missed Powell this year. Greatest place on Earth.

How´s school??

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Bruce, those are two nice looking fish! I gotta get you up here to Cokeville for a day of fishing, it's better than the "slew", and it's better than east canyon creek I took you to a few summers back. When you get a chance, check out our blog at jamswilson.blogspot.com later,

Joe Joe Danca

jeffers said...

Bruce I looked at what you told me about. LOL, what you packin?