Thursday, October 14, 2010

3 things worth blogging about...

1. Delicate Arch.


A born and raised Utahn and this was my first time to Arches NP.


Okay. It is VERY deserving to be the 'Utah icon' if you will.

The hike is so cool because you're hiking through mediocre scenery and turn the corner and it's huge and beautiful and really so amazing.
(I feel like everyone has been there but me?! Am I preaching to the choir of it's beauty here?)


Anyway, we enjoyed lovely blue skies, nice weather and loved hiking around all day.

Great little road trip.











2. The Dirty Dash- Team USA


Undeniably the best way to spend a Saturday in September!

No joke, I still smile to myself just thinking about it.




Pretty sure we laughed at least 4 hours straight. Great cardio work-out, great ab work-out.


Really, there's no wrong time to be patriotic. Our costumes were gems from the past in the red, white and blue.


My two personal favorites:



yep, the ice queen and wonder woman, brought back with a bang from our youth. Or at least Libby's youth!


Although this one never disappoints when it comes to dressing up:

a 12 year old's 4th of July gymnastics leo + WWF champion belt + broken plastic visor + her signature sunglasses = hilarity


please appreciate it. please.

Stef: Do you know how many times we wished you were there?! I'm serious. You were sorely missed. I think we all said it at least once, "man, Stef would've loved this!" Please join us next year!!


3. The best homemade granola recipe ever.

5 cups rolled oats

1 c. almonds

1 c. walnuts

1 c. pecans

1 c. sesame seeds

1 c. wheat germ

2 c. shredded coconut

1 c. sunflower seeds

1 c. canola oil (I cut it in half)

1.5 c honey (I do 1 cup)

1 c. raisins

1 c. craisins


mix it all up **except adding the dried fruit after baking, very important unless you want hard raisins**, bake on a cookie sheet for 20+ minutes @ 325, until it's a golden crisp.

My own variations: I don't measure out all the nuts- just add what looks good. I love going to the bins at Winco and also adding cashews, pumpkin seeds and dried blueberries.

I also add some vanilla, salt and a little cinnamon.

It makes a lot but it's soo good. Try it!

(the recipe came from food network)

(**and thanks flo foto for the dirty dash pics ;)


4 comments:

Missy said...

Great pictures! I'm going to try that granola recipe this weekend... it sounds marvelous!

Christie said...

Oh, didn't we just talk about homemade granola? This week I must make it-- your recipe looks like just what I crave. Great pics!

Alyse said...

I've never been to Moab either! I looks amazing. I can't believe what a blondie little Claire is!! We miss you guys! I was so looking forward to you guys coming- sorry we had to cancel- we'll have to find bry a job soon so you guys can reschedule!

lizdye said...

I love you. I love your blog. I love that the same things make us happy. I know we were meant to be friends in heaven and luckily we found each other! I was telling Stef last night how much I wished she was there...and now I wish I WAS THERE. i miss you, though I know we have gone longer without seeing each other when i lived there...but still.