Saturday, October 9, 2010

choosing the light

Hello. It's been a while.

We're still here and doing well. For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to blog through the summer. We'll see if my mood has changed come Fall and Winter.



So the latest thing at our house.... a blondie.





observe the transformation:


newborn: LOTS of dark hair


longer dark hair:


thinning, with a mind of it's own:


more sparse, mom in bad-hair-denial:


an all time low- bald + tail:


lightening:


filling in:


resilient tail:


and today:

Yet despite becoming a blonde, she's still 90% Bruce, 10% Snee

Love my happy girl!

9 comments:

Cara said...

She's so cute! I just checked your blog a few days ago and thought it sure had been a long time since you updated. I also have been in a blogging slump. Kate went blond too. I was in denial until my checker at Macey's said "How did you get a blond and a red-head?" (talking about Marin and Kate) I was wondering who the blond was, but Kate definitely is. At least you got 10% of your genes snuck in there with Claire!

Niki McDowell said...

So cute! I'm jealous actually. I have yet to have a blonde. I was dark like her as a baby, but at a year I was super blonde. None of my kiddos are blonde, maybe our last little guy will be.

eric + ashlee said...

Aw Melinda! She is just so beautiful! We really miss her. Thanks for finally posting a picture of her! I've been dying to see how she's grown since we left.

Jonathan & Heather said...

Taitica, she is adorable! I love it. Shawn was the same way...lots of dark hair when born and then turn super blonde.

Missy said...

I'm jealous! Addie still is very very bald. We get a lot of "What a cute little boy" comments, even when she is draped in pink!

Kaydi Paxman said...

she's so cute! I love the blonde hair.

jess said...

I think she is looking more like you-the blonde helps I think.. but there is no denying the resemblance to Bruce! She is so adorable blonde or brunette. We need to get our girls together sometime so they can play- or poke each others eyes out!

A STAR is born said...

What happened?!! She's supposed to have dark curly hair.
Oh well. I love her unconditionally and she's freaking cute, so...blonde it is.

amelia said...

Your "all time low" observation had me laughing. Love little Claire as a blondie!