Tuesday, November 23, 2010

uno

My sweet baby Claire turned one last Friday.

ONE?!!

Seriously, how did that go so fast?! So cliche but really, this year has flown at an insane rate.




We celebrated with a festive Thanksgiving party with her cute little friends in our neighborhood.

Believe it or not, this picture was totally not staged- these three little bros must have been feeling the holiday love and thanksgiving and cuddled up to each other. love it!


um, yeah, really hard to get a good picture of 10 kids under 5!






Because Claire loved her feather Halloween costume so much, we had to incorporate them somehow into her birthday... pin the feather on the turkey!!




I expected Claire to dive into her cake with both hands but was very surprised when she just bent down and started sucking the edge. It was hilarious!!






love. my. girl.




Sunday my family came over for dinner and more celebrating- we're big on birthdays!
and the party hats got double use!




The real birthday surprise came when our pumpkin bowls once full of soup became the helmet of "Captain Birthday Pumpkin Head"

The Captain requested a special dance with the birthday girl. She obliged.


6 comments:

Christie said...

Love her and love that she sucked on her cake.. Can you email me the picture of the boys? I love it.

Also-- look at you, all tan and healthy from the islands ;-)

Missy said...

Wow, it's already been a year? Time flies!
Addie had the same hesitance with her birthday cake. She just sort of poked at it and licked her finger. I guess our babies aren't the aggressive type.

jeff and cindi said...

she is adorable and I'm impressed with your creativity. Thanks for posting pics of britt and the kids. I told her the other day she needed a blog or have you post pics of them on your blog so I can see her and her cute kids. So thanks :)

Cara said...

Wow time does fly. She is so cute and of course your parties looked adorable (well, except for Captain Pumpkin Head).

Candice said...

So much going on here that I love:
1)How she ate her cake. Hilarious
2) The Pilgrim version of the Taits
3) "Captain Birthday Pumpkin Head"

jess said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I totally agree, this past year has just flown by! I love the thanksgiving theme.. the hats are adorable.