Tuesday, September 9, 2008

YUM



The best thing about this time of year? The fruits and veggies!! We have been LOVING the garden harvest! I just read The Animal, Vegetable Miracle where a family lives off their own fruits, veggies, cheese, meat, etc for a year. (Well, either theirs or their neighbor's farms.) We tried some of the recipes from the book and had some great homemade pizza, fresh salsa and still want to try more recipes. I think we've eaten tomato sandwiches at least twice a day. But, since I've started school again my extra time has pretty much disappeared for cooking. What am I doing blogging? I should be studying!

So anyone want some fresh veggies? My parents have tons (p.s.- that's where we get all ours and I must give them credit- theirs are the best!)

6 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

I love fresh garden veggies, especially the tomatoe. I wish so bad I had a garden. Your making me crave them right now.

amelia said...

MMMM sounds like you guys are eating well at the Dickson household! And good luck with the new school year.

lizdye said...

I want some nectarines. Ill trade you peaches for them. I have a billion!!! I love summer and summer food too. I also love you in a bikini. That is what I call YUM.

eric + ashlee said...

Those tomatoes are making me salivate...mmm...

Katie said...

Back to school...sorry. But I´m also jealous, you are that much closer to being done! Let me know how it goes.

Christie said...

Everything out of your parents garden is delicious. I want to be as good of a gardner one day... and thanks for the peaches, they are sooo good!