Hello. It's been a while.
Man am I glad it's finally April, and although it doesn't feel like nice Spring weather, I'm glad to officially be in a Spring month. March was a particularly brutal month is every aspect of my life. And after a packed 31 days of working full-time, school, clinicals, training, Relief Society and our big enrichment party, one great girls weekend in St. George/Vegas, multiple tests and a 14 page paper and presentation, I finished it all with having only two breakdowns. Whew. I have a really great husband to say the least.
And speaking of the man, these pictures brightened a dark, snowy day. (Thanks Darrell!) Mr. Yellow Wiggle Bruce? What do you think? They still never fail to make me laugh.


It's good to have thoughts that can always make you laugh, you know. I have my top memories so vividly recorded that they can honestly ALWAYS make me laugh! I try to think of them when I'm trying really hard not to break out in tears, or on really bad days.
Let me share some with you so you can enjoy them too.
1. Utah State Howl. Me and my girlfriends as hyper as we were everyday freshman year, running around to each dance room and dancing 'til the wee hours of the night. Me, Carly, Cara and Ashlee were just about to run to the next best song in the other room. So we were running through crowds of people, I look back just in time to see Ashlee FLYING through the air. She caught some serious air. She was in true superman form. She had tripped over the ramp hidden by the crowds of people and landed flat on the ground. We were doubled over laughing SO HARD! Kinda like it still makes me laugh whenever I picture it. Then we went to help her up but someone else was trying to pull her up without her feet under her so they were just pulling her shoulder out. I will never get over how hilarious this was and I'm just glad that I had the pleasure to witness it. Thanks Ash!
2. Another tripping and falling story. This happened in Varazdin and me and my companion were walking down the street, trying to make a train. Something tripped her foot or something but she started running kind of to catch herself. Instead she teetered to the left, then to the right and went up in the air in slow motion (I'm not kidding, everything was in slo-mo) and came down hard on the sidewalk. She even had enough time in the air to turn slightly so that she would land on her shoulder rather than her face. Amazing. It was mid-Fall and she landed in a pile of leaves that lightly blew into the air around her. She was pulling leaves from her tights, hair and shoes the entire train ride while I was trying to suppress my laughter after it "wasn't funny anymore." Sorry, I still can't suppress my laughter!
3. This story is kinda a secret. All I'll spill is that it involves my inability to control my bladder at an age that is unacceptable to not have such control, and when I was in a position where it was even more unacceptable. uhhhh... But the witness to this event laughed to tears, and I'm sure she still does, as I do too.
Man, I can think of TONS more!!! So the walk away lesson of this post is that even when life is so busy that you kinda want to die, think of everything that happens to make it so wonderful!
I love my life!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Posted by Melinda at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
WOO HOO!!! Im so glad to hear about you surviving this bloody month. YOu are so positive always! I love your funny stories and cant wait for summer fun with you. Love ya!
Glad your crazy month is OVER! I love those life moments that make you laugh out loud. A favorite of mine was when my brother read a Christmas story as Chewbacca...then R2D2.
I've been cracking up over the wiggles pics too. We don't usually watch that, but maybe I'll have to turn it on for the boys so they can have Uncle Brucie entertain them as the yellow wiggle..ha
Thanks a lot for leaving me out of #1! I was there to see Ash in all her glory! I can't walk past that ramp in the TSC without remembering that story...good times.
Sorry Cara! Thanks for correcting me, I'm so glad you were there though!! and that you're still as fond of the memory as I am! Ha ha ha
Um, I can think of at least five instances that could be number 3. I'm pretty sure I know which one you are alluding to though and, unfortunately, I only heard about that one. I do fondly remember being present for the other four and the memory of you telling me about the MOST inappropriate one is enough to make me laugh for quite a while.
p.s. I'm not judging. I have my own fair share of inappropriate releases, as I'm sure you recall...
Amy- yes, THAT story definitely came to mind and is definitely included in my top five of best stories EVER! and I can also think of the other four times! Um, I swear it's normal!
I love the Wiggles and so does Jacksy...maybe because that yellow shirt guy does totally look like Bruce! So funny! I love hearing all of your funny stories! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!
I feel very privileged to be part of two of those stories. To this day I laugh so hard I cry whenever I tell that, ummm....awkward story about you.
I am sure Bruce could land a gig doing kid birthday parties as the Yellow Wiggle. He could provide tables and chairs and entertainment.
Those pictures of Bruce/Mr.Yellow Wiggle are so funny!! I was laughing so hard. Thanks for mentioning one of my favorite stories as well. My favorite part was the guy trying to lift me was dressed as a referee and I swear he was blowing his whistle at the time.
Thanks for posting those moments and so vividly. The first one made me laugh out loud! Congralutions and finishing your crazy month. You are amazing!
Post a Comment