Truth is, I actually never wanted to be a nurse. And it's not because it never crossed my mind. I remember going through every possible college degree and thinking, "eh, I'm not really medically-minded." I'm the type who rarely gets sick (knock on wood!), scarcely visits hospitals let alone doctors, and prefer to just lay down rather than take medication.
So I chose social work.
After a 2 year leave of absence from college, I went back to school to finish my degree.
The nursing package was presented to me and suddenly became very appealing.
A spontaneous decision was made and FOUR years later,(two years of prereqs) I'm a nurse.
I stress four years because I had just ONE year left for my social work degree and was then planning to get my master's degree. That still would have taken me probably two years.
But I now wanted to be a nurse, not a social worker. Yet I finished my bachelors of SW nonetheless. (There's plenty of future ideas brewing!)
So luckily I was accepted to nursing school the first time around.
(or else I'm pretty sure it never would've happened.)
And to be honest, I contemplated quitting every semester but the last.
I didn't, and I'm glad- because I now see that I really do love it!
And I'm really happy about my decision.
....and even more happy that this happened yesterday:

So, we have many reasons to celebrate. This ↑ being one of them.
And this ↓ being the other.

two very very lovely years.
So Costa Rica,↓ here we come!

hasta luego
After a 2 year leave of absence from college, I went back to school to finish my degree.
The nursing package was presented to me and suddenly became very appealing.
A spontaneous decision was made and FOUR years later,(two years of prereqs) I'm a nurse.
I stress four years because I had just ONE year left for my social work degree and was then planning to get my master's degree. That still would have taken me probably two years.
But I now wanted to be a nurse, not a social worker. Yet I finished my bachelors of SW nonetheless. (There's plenty of future ideas brewing!)
So luckily I was accepted to nursing school the first time around.
(or else I'm pretty sure it never would've happened.)
And to be honest, I contemplated quitting every semester but the last.
I didn't, and I'm glad- because I now see that I really do love it!
And I'm really happy about my decision.
....and even more happy that this happened yesterday:

So, we have many reasons to celebrate. This ↑ being one of them.
And this ↓ being the other.

two very very lovely years.
So Costa Rica,↓ here we come!

hasta luego
11 comments:
Congrats on graduation.. yay! Have fun on the trip.. can't wait to see pictures!
Yay for being done with school! And have fun in Costa Rica, eat some pineapple for me.
Congrats on graduating! Have a great time in Costa Rica.
Congrats on your nursing degree. You will be a wonderful, caring nurse! Have a well deserved break in Costa Rica.
Congrats!! And you are a HO. I love you but hate you, have so much fun in CR and "Pura Vida" as the Tico's say.
Congrats Melinda! Nursing is HARD! I've figured that out since working at the hospital. I'm so dang jealous-- Costa Rica! No fair!
Congratulations! Well this just is a month of good news from you! Have fun in Costa Rica!
Hey, congrats on becoming a nurse--that's so much more than just *graduating*. What a great profession and you're particularly suited to it. Must admit, I've thought of you often the last week while you were in Costa Rica and knowing you're eating up every second. I'm headed north to Banff...see you around June 3!
I LOVE your new header! That is my all-time favorite picture to take at the beach...write something in the sand, wait for the waves to come near it and snap a picture.
Congratulations on graduation! Also I had no idea you were expecting so another congraulations! Enjoy Costa Rica that is one place I have to go to before I die!
Congratulations Melinda!! I'm jealous, hopefully I'll be there someday. lol
Post a Comment