Welcome to our humble home!
Since everyone who knows anything about us knows that we've been working on 'quite the project' for a while now, I figured it's time to share some pics.
To say it more correctly it has consumed our lives and we've loved it, hated it, obsessed over it, painted more than two ever should, gotten blisters and sore backs, and finally, we now get to enjoy it!
We've been faithful patrons of Home Depot almost weekly, sometimes multiple times per week...and multiple times per day for that matter! We've also become very familiar with the aisles of Lowe's, Ikea, Target, TJMaxx, World Market and multiple fabric stores to furnish and finish! And while the term "finished" is relative, we're close enough to be living upstairs and be proud of our hard work!
We were really lucky to have a basement apartment to live in while the renovations were going full force, I was very much pregnant through the most of it, then brought home a newborn to slow things down even more. But you know what they say, home projects always take longer and cost more than you plan on. Ain't that the truth?!
The cozy basement apartment has been our home since we got married in 2007. So we had two lovely years living in the home, falling in-love with it's charming details and later realizing it could be a place we'd love to call our own. And charming it is! with all the little details a vintage lover appreciates, our goal was to preserve the beauty while updating and adding our own personal touches.
Hope you enjoy!
Since everyone who knows anything about us knows that we've been working on 'quite the project' for a while now, I figured it's time to share some pics.
To say it more correctly it has consumed our lives and we've loved it, hated it, obsessed over it, painted more than two ever should, gotten blisters and sore backs, and finally, we now get to enjoy it!
We've been faithful patrons of Home Depot almost weekly, sometimes multiple times per week...and multiple times per day for that matter! We've also become very familiar with the aisles of Lowe's, Ikea, Target, TJMaxx, World Market and multiple fabric stores to furnish and finish! And while the term "finished" is relative, we're close enough to be living upstairs and be proud of our hard work!
We were really lucky to have a basement apartment to live in while the renovations were going full force, I was very much pregnant through the most of it, then brought home a newborn to slow things down even more. But you know what they say, home projects always take longer and cost more than you plan on. Ain't that the truth?!
The cozy basement apartment has been our home since we got married in 2007. So we had two lovely years living in the home, falling in-love with it's charming details and later realizing it could be a place we'd love to call our own. And charming it is! with all the little details a vintage lover appreciates, our goal was to preserve the beauty while updating and adding our own personal touches.
Hope you enjoy!
Before:
living room:
dining area:
(notice the right wall is already under construction. Unfortunately I didn't get a good 'before' picture. The original doorway was shorter and narrower, we widened and raised it)
front door:

kitchen:


hall closet:

bathroom:

Right in the middle of it all:
Bruce texturing the walls and ceilings


wall enlargement finished!

making room for a dishwasher after hand-washing for 2+ years! wahoo!!
linoleum coming up, cabinets primed


pink princess' bathroom falling out

and becoming a nice neopolitan

After:
living room:dining area:

front door:

kitchen:

hallway:
(minus the crown moulding, going up tomorrow!)

bathroom:


8 comments:
Wow, what an improvement! It looks great! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.
awesome! I love the wallpaper, so pretty.
Your house is beautiful. I look forward to getting a tour during April's book club.
Wow!!! That looks so good! If I ever need help I know who to come to :)
Oh my word -- that is gorgeous!! I want to marry that wallpaper! And your backsplash and the wood floor and all the moldings and your newly white cabinets and your black door and those cute little anthroplogie-ish knobs. Wow, I can't stop gushing.
Everything looks so amazing! I especially love how the kitchen turned out. I want to come see everything in person. I also wanted to ask you some questions about the trim and crown molding you put in so I will have to give you a call.
That is so amazing! It is beautiful and so charming. I always watch those home improvement shows wondering if I would be able to ever take something like that on. So, I'm so impressed. I just love it!
You guys are so talented. Great job on the remodel!
Post a Comment