So, in just 4 days, Claire was mistaken for a little boy 4 times!
And everytime she was wearing a dress with either purple or pink as some part of her outfit.
I know she looks just like her papa but the cute little female version, right?!!
if they only knew how far she's come:
or if they only saw the back of her head, they'd see her first little pony tail, with a bow:
yes, calling all punk-rock, mullet/rat-tail lovers: you have another follower!
or it also kinda reminds me of a colonial Washington-style white wig with a pony.
I never thought I'd be a parent in hair denial. Although it's only partial hair denial because I know it's bad and something should be done, but I somehow can't bring myself to cut it! She has been sporting this bald+tail nastiness for a while now.
Bruce wants to shave it all, I've become attached thinking it'll just fill-in in no time.
It's proving me wrong.

4 comments:
I am laughing out loud right now! The pony is so cute! and her cross eyed pic is so cute!
People always referred to my son Brock as a girl when he was a baby, it would drive me crazy. I dressed him so boy, not an ounce of girl. I also would get boy comments with my daughter, who also would be wearing girly stuff with bows and she had a ton of hair. It annoyed me so bad. I love the mullet. My Mckynlee had one for a long time, it took me forever to get the courage to cut it off. There is something about having a girl and not being able to cut her hair. I was so afraid it wouldn't grow long again. I think I finally cut the mullet when she was like 9 months old and it was so hard to do.
Kate was born with an old man bald head. She didn't even have to rub a bald spot, she had a ton in back and none on top. I was in hair denial too because now I look back at pictures and wonder why I didn't do something about it. My friend kind of shaved her little baby's hair and it looked hideous, by the way. I don't know if that's the route to go either. I think Claire is adorable and that newborn cross-eyed picture in the bathtub made me laugh out loud! She'll love that when she's older. Oh, and Marin got mistaken for a boy at the doctor's office when she was NAKED. That's the ultimate because it should be fairly obvious what a baby's gender is when they're naked! I think Claire is gorgeous, mullet and all! And now I'm done with my novel.
I have come to the conclusion that some people are idiots! Just ignore them.. that's what I do (more and more these days) ;)
Post a Comment