Wednesday, May 5, 2010

these lights will inspire you

New York, New York!



We LOVE the big apple!!

Claire had her first airplane ride- she did lovely and was very popular on the flight, entertaining everyone around us. Who can pass up those cheeks and that little munchie face?


We went back east to visit Tami and her cute family in D.C.. Claire got to spend a couple of days with Tami and her cousins so Bruce and I could venture to NYC sans bebe.
It was so fun! I love that city! We saw the sites in a whirlwind and walked our tails off, or at least a partial amount of the calories we consumed!

mmm... NY cheesecake (thanks to the food network for highlighting Junior's famous cheesecake, and yes, it was as good as they say), sushi, pizza, hot dogs, pastries, magnolia bakery....
isn't traveling all about the food?!
yes please!



The highlight was going to the Lion King. It was amazing!! AMAZING.
After much shopping around we scored some killer orchestra seats and were so close to the stage. Like, I made contact with a gazelle and the cheetah. We felt like they were singing to us, I literally saw them spitting as they talked and sweating under the lights.


This proved to be one of our favorite pictures of the trip:


We asked a cute little lady to take it. Turned out she was from somewhere else and didn't understand English. She looked slightly confused, pointed the camera towards us without looking through the screen and shot the pic, then handed our camera back without ever saying a word. We were laughing so hard.

I love the architecture and all the beautiful details in New York.

the library:



St. Patrick's cathedral:




Brooklyn Bridge:



Manhattan bridge to the left, Brooklyn on the right:



Atlas:


Hot dogs on Coney Island:

can you believe those records?!!!
Male Record:68
Female Record: 41
insane...and disgusting.
luckily, they had instructions for choking posted in the restaurant.


Thanks NYC for a great time!!

Next up, Washington D.C. with the babe!

8 comments:

Alyse said...

How fun! What a great way to spend your Anniversary! And nice that you were able to see the sites minus sweet claire bear! We would LOVE to have you guys come visit this summer! please? =)

RSP said...

Yep, I was there in person to see that 68 hot dog record come to fruition. It was disgusting. NY is the best, right?

Candice said...

Yum. Food in NYC is the best.
What a fun trip. I hope to see more of you in May.

Jonathan & Heather said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun. I am jealous. I love NY too! We still need to get together soon. :)

Christie said...

I want to go back to NYC now! Can't wait to see the DC pics.

Missy said...

Great post! Claire is getting so big and cute. What a fun family vacation

Teresa said...

What a blast! When are you headed to DC?

Amy said...

Ahhhh I wish we were there with you!