Tuesday, March 1, 2011

was this your grandma's china?


Because I need to thank someone.


I've always had a thing for pretty dishes, pottery, etc. and always wanted my own set of china. My mom has a set that I love and I convinced her to give it to me when she dies...but you have no idea how healthy my mother is. (THANKFULLY!;)
So, last weekend I was perusing my favorite consignment shops and came across this beauty:
a 63 piece, setting for 12!

My thoughts: "the last thing I need to buy right now is china, the first thing would be
new pants, or a trip to somewhere warm, yet not particularly China, but look at these dishes! well, my mom has a set, but I won't inherit that for years and..hmmmm..it's just so lovely, where's Claire running off to?...."

and now you see the tangents of my mind.

Yet the design, the colors and the price kept me circling the store, always to come back and pick it up and want it as mine.
...and the next thing I knew I was loading it in my trunk.

I'm in love with it!! LOVE!

I'm eternally attracted to blue and it has the prettiest design I could ever pick out. and believe me, the price was right for the value!!
so I'm the new proud owner of my own set of china....all the way from New York (can you name that song? it's been in my head since the purchase.)







That's not all for today:

If you can't tell what this is a picture of, it's a green feather on my counter. It's just proof of the sacrifices you have to make when you dress your child up in something like this.
Trust me, it was still totally worth it, but yes, there are STILL stray feathers showing up from time to time.



Next, this is for McCall. Claire couldn't be happier in her Carhartt coveralls.
Thanks for making her an all-American girl!




Lastly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ASHLEE!!!
xoxoxo

6 comments:

Becky said...

Hey I think that the China is a great investment for posterity. Just think. . . now if you end up with two daughters you will be able to pass on your set of China and your Mom's set of China without their being a fight. See it's a timeless purchase.(I can justify spending $ on anything.) It's beautiful, hope you enjoy many fine meals on it!!!

Candice said...

it's to die for! I can't wait to see it in person - with food on it.

A STAR is born said...

...I can feel the distance getting close....

We'll always have Tori, my dear. PS I'm DYING over this china. I want my mom's china but will have to fight with 2 sisters over it, so I would love a find like this. Lucky lucky girl! Now you need a really cool china cabinet, like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3l511sbvJpI/TFxiW-fg5OI/AAAAAAAAC6A/h4wP5x3Dv0o/s1600/chinabefore.jpg&imgrefurl=http://misstrixiesfavoritethings.blogspot.com/2010/08/china-cabinet-before-and-after.html&usg=__yyZFLoz9E-5BTkMejf-DZF4TBUg=&h=1200&w=1600&sz=579&hl=en&start=8&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=pT5vl72alSzjHM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dconsignment%2Bchina%2Bcabinet%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den-us%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=0JNuTZfKM8L88Ab_z8X8Dg

A STAR is born said...

Holy longest link ever, Batman.

Jonathan & Heather said...

Beautiful china! I love it!

eric + ashlee said...

That has you all over it! I love it! Who but you could find such pretty china for a good deal. Oh and thanks for the b-day shout out on your family blog, I feel so honored!