Thursday, May 26, 2011

We'll run for O-town!




Us, and 5,000+ other people!

Bruce is faithfully fulfilling his life's goal to promote Ogden in every way possible. We were happy to support their marathon last weekend...and even happier that it's over!

Please enjoy these post-race pictures where we're all smiles, because I can't say they end
ured the 26.2





Training was actually a blast! Thanks to our Saturday running group- Amelia and Candace. I occasionally ran with Slick my speedy bro. But his pace often left my bowels in an uproar after so I had to limit those runs, not to mention he was in Logan.

Race day was beautiful- clear skies and a perfect temperature. My problem was I couldn't contain my excitement and shot out too fast and didn't save up for the painful last 6 miles. and painful they were. Thoughts of how I could sprang my ankle or slit my writs started to enter my head.

Observe in my face:


errrr....embarrassing. and dramatic.



THANKFULLY Bruce was at mile 18 and ran the rest of the race with me. I near became his dependent and he my coach to make it to the end.

Seeing that little buttercup at the finish was a breath of fresh air.




Anyway, perfect day, great race, beautiful scenery and the people watching never disappoints:



everyone wins

5 comments:

Missy said...

Go Melinda! That is so awesome, I dont think I'm masochistic enough for marathons.

Trisha said...

Way to Go Melinda!!! That is so awesome!!!!

Candice said...

Cutest post run family pic ever. I love that bun.

Nice work. Thanks for giving me a testimony of O-town and it's Marathon.

Mrs. JM said...

awesomeness! not an easy feat and despite the tough spots, you really rocked it. an accomplishment to be proud of. cute family btw.

A STAR is born said...

That face was not nearly as embarrassed as you told me it was. It actually looks like you and Bruce are rocking out to some sweet jams.

Anyway, congrats. I'm über jealous, as Libs would say.