Wednesday, June 1, 2011

birthday bliss


I grew up saying my favorite holidays were Christmas, 4th of July and my birthday. I love my birthday. always have, always will.

This year was fantastic, as expected, being my golden! My entire weekend I was surrounded by those I love most and filled with great amounts of good food- what I love most. I have to commend Bruce for going above and beyond to make my day extra special...he's come so far.


Flash back 4 years when we were newlyweds. It was my first birthday married and I remember the usual anticipation for the day, and unfortunately found myself bored, lonely and let down. I think Bruce worked all day and when he came home and saw I was disappointed he said something along the lines of, "we celebrate birthdays up until 8 years." and then i shed a secret tear. Yeah, he was the 11th child, but I wasn't! So he learned- we celebrate in our family!! birthdays, holidays, the first day of summer, etc.

and to prove the lesson was learned my birthdays have gotten better and better thank you very much. past celebrations have included surprise parties with catered food, a party limo with a homemade video featuring friends and family, breakfasts in bed and massages, sweet cards, sushi parties.
and just like that I've become the spoilt birthday brat i aspire to be.

this year was no exception.
just listen to this menu- he knows food is the first way to my heart.

friday: cafe rio sweet pork salad
saturday: sushi with the girls, sundae bar after including all my sweet favs: vanilla and chocolate fudge ice cream, strawberries, bananas, brownies, double stuffed oreos, reese's shell, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, pecans. did i mention i have a sweet tooth? ouch
sunday: breakfast- i sleep in while he bathes the baby. i wake up to a sweet smelling little darling and cinnamon french toast, cheese danishes, strawberries, egg, spinach, hashbrown casserole. mmmmm
dinner- roasted pork loin, steamed veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy, spinach salad with strawberries and candied almonds. dessert- cream puffs and left over ice cream with reeses shell- a very dangerous left over!

oh, and of course all these meals were enjoyed with friends and family- the perfect combo.



AND THEN..........Les Mis!!!!!

(um, pretend this is a good picture in focus, not minimized)

loved it. i know the play is old news but it still gives me chills and who doesn't love a night on the town, all dressed up?


well, if there's any reason to look forward to aging, then it's the celebrating!
happy birthday to me.....! thanks for all the calls and well wishes- i love you all

2 comments:

Jonathan & Heather said...

Well call me super lame for totally NOT calling to wish you a happy birthday. Sorry! It sounds like you had an awesome day and your hubby took good care of you. WHEN ARE WE GETTING TOGETHER???

Missy said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was completely delicious.