Before: killer deal at DI, $15 for this solid wooden kitchen, even came with a plastic cup and pringle (not pictured)
Bruce: "I don't think you even need to paint it!"
Snee: "ha ha. You're kidding, right?"
Christmas Eve: 2am... which actually makes it Christmas Day
Bruce: "You've got to be kidding me it's this late and we only have a 2 yr old?! These hooks aren't made for this..."
Snee: "They'll fit. I'm almost done sewing and we're done!"
(silent note to self: don't take on more than one diy project in December)
Christmas morning
Claire: "IT'S MY KITCHEN!!! Hey, where's the food?"
Bruce: "What I wouldn't do for that girl."
Snee: "phew, she loves it as much as I do!"
...going overboard...
Snee: "what? extra material = table runner, and ruffle on the oven mitt, and matching apron. It's what childhood is all about, right?!"
After:
and we've had a little cook in the kitchen ever since!
did I say kitchen? ok, everywhere.



5 comments:
Wow, that looks so great! You guys did a great job. Your Christmas Eve/Christmas morning sounds like ours...finishing projects for our little girls. It means we're amazing parents, not procrastinators, right?
Incredible...so cute melinda
It's perfect. I covet your skills. That is one lucky lady! And, I'm glad she loves it--makes it all worth it.
Love it!
So adorable Melinda. We got Lily a kitchen last year and I searched and searched for one I thought appropriate sit out without being an eye-sore. If only I would have been as creative as you! Revamping one didn't even cross my mind, and it looks so much cuter!!
Post a Comment