Wednesday, January 18, 2012

'twas the night of the due date..




..and all through the house, there was bashing and banging with the ceiling falling out.
the bathroom was stripped right clean of it's tiles
and the wood and debris seemed to stretch on for miles
the dust wrapped around us and waffed in our noses
and we smelled nothing of new babies or roses


and so we will wait.

which is clearly fine by me- we're up to our knees in projects, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We've wanted to work on our basement for a while now so I'm actually really excited it's happening.
Great timing though, right?

Well, we're even more excited for this baby boy to make his debut.

I'm excited to see Claire with a real baby of her own.
I feel just a little sad to end the threesome phase of our family
but more excited to be growing our bunch.
I'm curious just how much this will rock Claire's world,
and mine and Bruce's for that matter.
I feel so blessed to have a strong body able to carry my babies
and experience the miracle of life.

So little baby, despite the mess downstairs, the dust & debris and not even having a name for you yet, we're excited beyond words to have you in our family.

come when you're ready ;)




1 comments:

Candice said...

fabulous. Congrats on getting this started. That's exciting. New basement. New brother.