Last night I attended our Relief Society enrichment dinner. I love these events- seriously, I plan my schedule around them. They're always guaranteed to consist of good food, good company and send you home feeling loved. This one was no disappointment and the warm, uplifting feelings came in the way of a box with your name on it that went around to every person to write something nice about you. So at the end of the night I was reading these sweet little notes and came across one that differed from the other "nice smile" and "love your lessons", it said: "you should run a marathon." ...thank you? I'm wondering who could be the author. Maybe my neighbor that saw me yesterday out for a run in the full-on down pour and mistook my stupidity for dedication. Or maybe someone sitting near me at dinner and noticed I was the sole taker of seconds of the lasagna and thought I could use some extra exercise to balance out my intake. Either way, I'm happy to report to this nameless motivator that I actually am! Bruce and I are signed up for the Ogden marathon in May- I'm signed up for the half but depending on how much I'll be able to train by May, I just might go the distance.
Now I have to admit to complete stupidity that also occurred with these little notes. There ended up being lots of boxes to fill so by the half-way point we were getting tired and thought less about what we wrote. So a 'Janet Lauritzen' came my way and this is what I wrote on her note, "my mother-in-law's maiden name is Lauritzen too." that's all. and somehow I didn't make the connection until my Aunt Janet Lauritzen came up to me later and asked how school and such was going. I'm a fool. She is my mother-in-law's brother's wife. family!! My only hope is that she could cast the blame on either Christie (my sister-in-law) or I. sorry Christie
Friday, March 14, 2008
notes of inspiration
Posted by Melinda at 12:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ha-- I love the Aunt Janet story..
Oh, by the way, I think I've talked Margaret into getting me some girl scout cookies afterall.. What a relief.
I too love enrichment night. I also love embarrassing stories! That's so something I would do. Mitch has a humongous extended family and I'm always trying to figure out who is who.
OH. MY. GOSH. That is the funniest story! That's AWESOME you guys are doing a marathon! I'm so proud of you two!
My Grandma is a Lauritzen, maybe we are cousins! Good luck on you marathon!
Post a Comment