Sunday, March 9, 2008

thank you girl scouts!!

We were walking home today and saw some girls in our ward delivering Girl Scout cookies. They never knocked on our door offering so we went after them and came back victorious- a box of samoas and thin mints. And at the end of the day? only 2 samoas left. yummmmmy- boy are they tasty!! ...we'll regret it tonight when we're still on our sugar high, or during the week when we don't have any samoas to enjoy. Maybe we'll freeze the thin mints for later sugar cravings.

8 comments:

Alyse said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE samoas! I need to go find some girl scouts so I can buy some...but I seriously can down an entire box super fast! Oh well =)

amelia said...

These little punk Girl Scouts never went by our house! I could use a good thin mint.

Teresa said...

I'm so jealous!! I never got any either. Although they did call, but we were in the hospital with Maya when the did and I never got back to them, so I guess I can't be too mad. I LOVE the pic of you and bruce at the top of your blog! I hope you don't mind me finding you via Christie's blog (I'm a blog stalker too!)

Melinda said...

Teresa Welcome!! I'm glad Amelia confessed to blog stalking and we can all now show our faces. We should bring some cookies to Sunday School class! Little did they know all these extra sales they missed out on!

Christie said...

Girl scouts were selling down here in Moab at the grocery store and I was so excited.. but then got my hopes dashed when they were out of samoas and thin mints!

Niki McDowell said...

Melinda,
Funny thing. I was talking to Breck today and we were talking about my blog and she told me she had yours and a few other friends blog addresses and she was going to email them to me. Well I was blog hopping (or stalking as refered to by others) and found your blog. I hope you don't mind that I've stopped by, its so fun to see your wedding pics and pictures of your hubby. Feel free to stop by my blog, themcdowellfamily.blogspot.com. Sounds like your doing well.

Niki (Voorhees) McDowell

Cara said...

I want that samoa cookie in the picture NOW! I haven't eaten one in like 5 years since Ashlee and I bought 2 boxes in college. Ashlee had more self-control than me and I ended up sneaking most of them for myself. I'm such a sucker for any type of cookies but Girl Scouts are my favorite.

Amy said...

Dang, my samoas are all gone too. I wonder if I could find a girl scout somewhere...