
My parents met in Boston 46 years ago. This is their story (sorta).
Little Miss Lauritzen went lookin' for laughs in the summer of 63'
Bout the same time a studious young feller set off to pursue a degree
With her girlfriend Ida ridin' besida she set off for the east coast
A math degree from Boston "C" seemed to make sense the most
Shopping, Doowapping and occasional work made Boston the place to be
Sexy equations, seductive calculations grabbed his attention effortlessly
The fun had to end eventually and it came time to head back to Salt Lake
He would head back to Utah as soon as he could, but still had a test to take
Her ride fell through, what ever would she do? so knelt down a began to pray
Driving cross country gets lonely at times, be nice to have a little company
Luckily there was Ida cuz' she had an idea, she got on the phone and called Neil
"Sure, I can take her. Does she work well with numbers? If not it's no big deal."
Together they trekked the 2000 miles back to the Beehive State.
It was the first time in history there had ever been a 3 day long first date.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. Love you
Sunday, June 8, 2008
45 years and counting.
Posted by Bruce at 9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad to see that all you guys started blogs!! Looks like you are staying busy and having fun. We would love to stay in touch. Our blog is bradyandkariann.blogspot.com!
You should enter a freestyle competition.
math smarts + education brains = a brilliant rapper/poetry composer. Nice story Brucie!
and Happy Anniversary to Neil and Liz!! I love you too!
I think you need to record yourself singing this. Great story!
So, I think I mentioned this before, but my grandma is a Lauritzen, what is your mom´s first name? And her parents? Maybe we´re cousins!
Post a Comment