What, you think you have no reason to visit South Dakota?! You're wrong!
We discovered that Mount Rushmore is really cool!! We headed there two weeks ago for a little road trip and had a great time. Being an election year and everything, we thought it was the patriotic thing to do.
We also discovered...
Martin's Cove is dead in the middle of no where in Wyoming. Poor pioneers- it was really cold and I could only imagine that the sub-zero wind chills would make an already miserable experience even more unfavorable.
It was nice and sunny while we passed through- as you can see by our squinty eyes!
The prairie lands of South Dakota are close competitors to Yellowstone for their wild life. We saw buffalo, mountain goats, tons of deer, wild turkeys, prarie dogs and prong horn sheep. Very cool!We discovered gas is really cheap in WY! Turn your head and that's $2.79 you see. Back when it was still $3.30 in Utah.
But, that warrants no inkling of a desire to drive through the barren desert of Wyoming. This is pretty much all you'll see:
Yes, that's a giant steel triceratops cut-out. Unfortunately we didn't capture the giant jackalope cut-out but it might have even topped the dino. And the lands of the huge windmills- they were actually really cool.
And don't think you can just fly through the endless miles of flat lands. We got pulled over TWO times!! But luckily still got off clean. whew.
Lincolns' all-seeing eye.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
There's room for more great leaders...
Posted by Melinda at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
you guys are a shoe in- I think I'll actually vote for you two for President and V.P. on the 4th! That's gotta be a better choice than what we've got going for us right now! :)
I want to go! Maybe next summer..
I never get out of tickets. Long live road trips.
what a fun trip. Before I was married my whole family took this trip, and had a blast. I loved see M.R. We were there on the 4th of July which was pretty cool.
Hottest additions to Mt. Rushmore!
So, has your love increased for the great state of Wyoming? Mitch would be proud...
Post a Comment