Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The secret's out..




Q: Best place to get fresh produce in SLC?
A: Hands down Rancho Market

We've been enjoying these GIGANTIC juicy grapefruits from Rancho that were 9 lbs for .99 cents! And this week, 8lbs of oranges for .99 cents!?! Seriously, one bag of oranges was 50 cents!
It's awesome. Plus, their produce is so much sweeter and is the closest replacement of the fresh garden fruits and veggies which we desperately miss during the Winter. We're spoiled when it comes to garden produce!

I say the secret is out because this store is tiny and seems to cater to the Hispanic population of SLC. Going there is just like heading south of the border. They sell those little bobblehead toys and CD's in the parking lot and I was often the only blonde in the store when I'd visit. Now I go and the place is packed, with all different nationalities. I love it!

So go shop at Rancho!

7 comments:

Camille said...

I love that store! I have walked out of there last week with three bags FULL of produce for $10! It is awesome! Some people are intimidated by it, but after going once or twice it is fine and you save so much $$$$$$.

Elisabeth Taylor said...

Last time I went one of my mini watermelons rolled under someone's minivan. I couldn't find it forever and was embarrassed so I gave up then found it under my own car. I love going there too but have been too embarrassed to go back (it attracted lots of attention in the retrieval process!)- you've sold me back onto it! haha

Christie said...

I was hestitant at fist, but now I'm a regular. Its true- cheap and fantastic produce. I'm out of grapefruit and must go back..

Cara said...

Man I'm jealous, I wish we had a market like that up here! I have been craving fruit so bad lately.. too bad I live so far away or I'd be all over that. I have some grapefruit and your picture made me decide to go eat one right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad people are catching on, I just hope they keep up the awesome sales. I too had TONS of produce from last week for about $10. Love that it is cheap and I love that it is close!

amelia said...

What - I have yet to go and not be the only blonde person. Maybe we need to go together.

mackenzie said...

okay.. this is kind of a weird story.

so, i was on my friend's sister in law's blog (amelia, as commented above) and saw that she had a friend by the last name of dickson, which is my maiden name (spelled the same). then i clicked on them and saw that it was a) the same initials as me and my husband; b) about rancho market, which we just discovered. and loved. and c) the sister of my brother in law, whom i met yesterday.

so, hi. and are we related?