Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lemons for Lovers

Am I obsessed with citrus fruits of late? I think yes.

For good reasons! I found this awesome recipe for "Lemon Lover's Cookies" and baked them for two parties this past weekend. They were a hit and so tasty, you should make them too!

Lemon Lover's melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness:

3/4 c. butter
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. cornstarch
1 tsp grated lemon peel

**cream butter and sugar, beat in lemon juice. combine flour, cornstarch and lemon peel. gradually add to mixture. mix well and roll into a long roll. wrap with parchment paper and freeze. cut dough in 1/4 inch cookies and bake @ 350 for 8-10 mins. or if you have a turbo oven like ours, it's more like 5 minutes!

**I made some cream cheese frosting and added some extra lemon juice and zest. No one complained.

6 comments:

Alyse said...

those were AMAZING! I have totally been craving those! Yum!!

A STAR is born said...

Who are you?

lizdye said...

Will you just make them for me?

Camille said...

Sounds good! Wish I had a lemon around here.

Candice said...

I agree with Libby.
Why don't you just bring them to our next get together.

I also agree with Stef.
Between these and the masterpiece of birthday cake you made me, you are really developing your talent as a skilled baker.

Melinda said...

Stef, Candice: Just because I never cooked/baked the first 20+ years of my life doesn't mean I shouldn't take it up now. And take it up I have! I really enjoy cooking/baking! or more accurately, I really love eating delicious food!
Maybe I just will make them for our next get together if you're lucky.