Monday, November 16, 2009

bygones

Due Date: November 13th

Today's date: November 16th

And so you have it, this estimated date of delivery came and passed as I thought it would. I never really trusted my due date anyway so it didn't come as a big surprise. Nevertheless, I still had that date in my head and have all our baby supplies ready, fridge and freezer stocked and worked my last day at work on the 12th. And now I want a baby. I'm officially on my maternity leave with no maternal responsibilities. Bummer.

I don't mind still being pregnant- actually I love being pregnant, and I have to credit that love to having the easiest pregnancy ever.
The only complaints: 2 wicked leg cramps in the middle of the night and an increase in spider veins on my left calf.
Otherwise I love feeling my little baby move and watching my belly grow with the assurance that my baby is getting bigger and healthier.
Now before you women with a nine (ten) month hell curse my name for my ease of carrying a child, let me intr
oduce you to this little guy:
This is my eleven pound love, the father to my child who is responsible for, can I say 50% of her genes? And by the look on his face you can tell he hated leaving that warm, cozy womb to enter this cruel world. I wasn't a petite baby myself, weighing in at 8 pounds, but now that I'm "overdue" this is what I fear. They've reassured me that I can't have a baby that big because I've been measuring small the whole time- believe me, I've voiced my concerns.
But for now, only time can tell. I really don't want to be induced so I'll hold out as long as I can, but the potential size of my child might thwart my desires for a natural birth.

Wish me luck!

12 comments:

Bruce said...

Melinda is obviously setting herself up to come away blame-free when the baby is born and she looks like an overstuffed sausage with squinty eyes.

Teresa said...

Oh but what a cute sausage you were bruce!! Hopefully your little girl will get Melinda's looks and size, 8 lbs definitely sounds much easier than ll.

Christie said...

I thought surely when you guys called tonight it was going to be a hospital call.. but no.. just wanting to watch the biggest loser.. Hoping for a quick and easy delivery for you!

Missy said...

Awwww, baby Bruce is so cute! I can't wait to see your progeny. Good luck on the delivery!

amelia said...

For the sake of Melinda's lady bits, no 11 pounder.

Shannon said...

Holy crud, I will pray that you do not have an 11 pounder. Yet, what cute chunky cheeks Bruce had!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Here's hoping Baby Bruce + Snee comes soon!

Cara said...

Oh man, I will be praying you don't get a 10-pounder too! It's hard enough when they're only 7! Good luck my friend, I hope everything goes well for you. I'm so excited for you I didn't realize it was so close!

The Dickson Pod said...

I have been thinking about you all week. Good luck with the delivery! I guess I am glad my babies are small.

A STAR is born said...

I can't believe you posted that picture. What's more, I can't believe people are saying he looks cute. Sorry, Bruce, but your beginnings were humble. You've really grown up nicely, all things considered...

Elisabeth Taylor said...

Wow- big boy Bruce!

Good luck on a quick and easy delivery Melinda. I'm sure whether sausage or pepporoni, she'll be a total doll!

Ryan, Natalie and kids said...

I'm thinking that Bruce's mom could have had gestational diabetes. I mean, that is one huge kid! Cute yes, huge YES! You barely look 25 weeks pregnant so I wouldn't worry. I got huge and Mae was only 7 lbs and something ounces. I'm terrible mother because numbers like that don't stay. Good luck and you'll be great! I had a horrible birth experience and still loved it, so I'm sure yours will be great. And yes, I am cursing your name because my pregnancy was very very hard.