Friday, November 27, 2009

hate laundry?

Have I got the cure for you! ....


Ditch your dryer for 2 1/2 years and when you use one again, laundry becomes enjoyable!


Yep, the Dickson's here are LOVING soft towels, the delicious smell of dryer sheets and the ability to wash more than one batch of clothes at a time!


We always thought living here was temporary and didn't want to bother wiring our old house for a dryer. So, the clothesline it was in the summer, and drying racks on the not-so-warm days. I actually love the freshness of clothesline-dried clothes and we got use to slightly scratchy towels, but with a baby on the way, and no plans to move, we knew we needed a dryer. Really all we had to do was switch the lonely, abandoned electric dryer we had with a gas dryer, we were both just too lazy to ever do it.


But now.... it's great! And I think I've washed everything even possibly dirty in our house.... all in one day!

1 comments:

lizdye said...

I cannot believe you went for that long without a dryer. You are the most domestic person I know! Way to go, and welcome to the joy of warm PJ's on a winter night.