Friday, November 27, 2009

not so fast...




This picture makes me laugh everytime I look at it.


We attempted a newborn photo shoot to capture our sweet, peaceful Claire as a sleeping newborn before she grows and changes too fast. The thought of her getting big already makes me sad. Well, it was anything but sweet and peaceful!

Baby Claire was wide awake when we wanted her sleeping and cross-eyed when we were trying to capture her awake. The second we took off her diaper she'd pee then poop on everything. Just as we'd get her calmed down and seemingly asleep she'd start to cry and want to be fed.


This picture captures it all too well. Just when we thought we got her perfectly positioned and sleeping soundly she sneaks one
eye open just to make sure one of those little ducks doesn't waddle away. Not on her one-eyed-willy watch!

6 comments:

lizdye said...

That is so funny! I LOVE HER! And I hope you continue to update your blog more frequently now that you have the best thing in the world to blog about.

Christie said...

That is adorable.. and shows a little personality at a very young age :-)

Cara said...

She's so cute! I love the one eye open. It's so dang hard to get the perfect picture. At least you attempted. I am in such a crazy, post-pregnant hormonal state that I don't even care about pictures that soon! The tiny newborn pictures are so precious though because they grow up way too fast.

jeffers said...

With all of Claire's excretions I'm sure papa Bruce was dry heaving all around. Luckily he has you Melinda.

amelia said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE this. So funny.

The Dickson Pod said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to see her again. They change so quickly. Enjoy every moment even the ones that come in the middle of the night.