Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Virginia is for {little} lovers...




Claire and I were so excited to get out to Virginia in July and visit our much loved and missed friends, the Stettlers.
As you can see, the girls were in 7th heaven all week. ...and so were the mommas!


Days in the sun, at the beach, visiting awesome historical sites and of course delicious food is how I wish every day played out.





We loved seeing Monticello. It was beautiful. It made me want to live in the 1700's on a big estate in a charming colonial house. with servants.
(and did you know it was on the nickel? i maybe didn't, or at least I forgot:)







serious garden envy. even the girls felt it, or at least loved throwing rocks into it?


3 babes all worn out



which didn't last long, they were back to climbing, running and playing in no time.




Me and baby Finn. I think we were twins at least 1/2 of the time. Go stripes!!
Such a sweet, happy little boy!




more of the darling little sillies
it's a shame they live so far apart, look at the love in their eyes!


And then it's back to the airport for Claire and I. She's a traveling champ- thank goodness for those fingers.

until next time...xoxo

4 comments:

eric + ashlee said...

We'll take you guys anytime! That was the highlight of our summer. FYI Finn is wearing his blue striped onesie tomorrow in case you wanted to be twins again...

Cara said...

Ashlee told me you came to visit and I'm way jealous! I am so homebound lately. My 3 kids would have overwhelmed the Stettlers I believe. Someday...And you look gorgeous Melinda! What a cute pregnant lady you make!

Missy said...

How fun! We would love to head to Virginia for this ver reason!

Candice said...

Lily and Claire are just perfect together.